We want to help you make a difference
We’re Lawrence and Will, the founders here at CarbonX and we decided that we needed to take responsibility for our impact on the planet. Here is a little something about us...
Will joined the merchant navy in 2012 as a deck officer working on oil and gas tankers. This took him all over the world including India, Indonesia and South America. He then made a move to the insurance industry in 2017, working in commercial liability, compliance, IT and management.
Lawrence is an engineer turned entrepreneur. During his early career working in hydrogen production processing, he had the opportunity to work on new patented technologies which had the potential to be used as clean fuel. He then moved into the finance industry where he worked on unlocking the potential of data and AI to enable the release of an innovative ESG (environment, social and governance) rating product for financial institutions.
In 2020, Will and Lawrence decided to combine their passion for sustainability, with their experience with insurance and technology to create CarbonX and help everyone take responsibility for their impact on the environment.
What is Carbon Offsetting?
We know that in this day and age it’s almost impossible not to use cars, planes or trains to travel about on a daily basis. For most people, just nipping to the shops to pick up something for dinner involves a trip in the car! So we wanted to create a solution that allows everyone to continue using transportation, but still reduces their carbon footprint. How is this possible? Well you can offset the carbon dioxide you release into the atmosphere by supporting projects which remove carbon from the atmosphere in other places.
Our vision for the future
It’s early days now, but we have big plans for CarbonX, here’s five things which are already in the works that we are really excited about:
- Integrate our carbon calculating software on this site so you can try it out and see how much carbon your vehicles are emitting and realise how easy and quick offsetting your emissions can be!
- Having an impact at home. We are building links with UK based organisations who offset emissions so that you can see the impact of your money, on your doorstep.
- We are bringing out new products! Different types of vehicles have different carbon emissions, we are currently working on how to calculate the carbon emissions of boats.
- We are busy doing our research to help you transform your life and eliminate emissions wherever possible.
- Getting the CarbonX mission out there! We want as many people as possible to join us and reduce their emissions so we are always on the lookout for new insurance partners to help us reach more people.